Need a cheap and homemade gift to give people for the holidays? Or a sweet and salty dish for a cocktail party? Or just something addictive to eat while you watch It’s A Wonderful Life?
This popcorn is the perfect combination of flavors and textures. The buttery, nutty taste of the praline is awesome enough on it’s own…but when you add chocolate the awesomeness increases.
- ½ c. raw popcorn kernels
- 2 t. canola or coconut oil
- ½ c. brown sugar
- ½ c. butter
- ½ c. chopped pecans
- ½ c. semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat (it should be just enough to cover the bottom of the pan).
- Add the popcorn kernels and cover the pot. When you hear kernels start to pop, shake or stir the pot vigorously until all the corn has popped (should take just a couple minutes).
- Spread the popcorn out equally onto two cookie sheets. Sprinkle the nuts equally in each pan.
- In a small pot, bring the brown sugar and butter to a boil over medium heat. Pour the hot mixture equally over both sheets of the popcorn.
- Stir to coat the popcorn and place in preheated oven for 30 minutes, stirring gently every 10 minutes.
- While the popcorn is in the oven, melt the chocolate chips (either in a microwave or over a double boiler) to a drizzling consistency. Set aside.
- Remove the popcorn from the oven and spread it in an even layer over a sheet of waxed paper.
- Pour the melted chocolate into a ziploc bag and cut a very small hole into one of the bags corners.
- Gently drizzle the chocolate onto the popcorn using the hole in the ziploc bag.
- Let cool for at least 2 hours to let the chocolate harden before eating or storing for up to 2 days.
This would be such a cute item to put into jars and tie up with ribbon for a nice homemade present to teachers or co-workers. They’ll probably eat the whole thing in one sitting.
Blogmas Day 1: Vegan Molasses Cookies
Blogmas Day 2: Cranberry Sparkle