As you might have noticed, I’m having a pretty good time with my vegetable spiralizer (check out the video I did with Teriyaki Zucchini Noodles if you haven’t already). Since I already did a cooked zucchini noodle recipe, I wanted to do a simple raw one. The sauce isn’t 100% raw because the peppers are fire-roasted (which gives the sauce great flavor), but if you’re a raw foodie you can use raw red pepper instead. I like to use the thinnest blade for eating raw zucchini noodles, they are so tender and tasty!
- 5 large organic zucchini
- 3 c. organic crushed tomatoes
- 1 roused organic red pepper, peeled and seeded
- 2 t. fresh lemon juice
- 1½ t. salt (or more to taste)
- ¼ t. pepper
- ¼ t. garlic powder
- Spiralize the zucchini and set aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor (or you can use a blender) pulse the roasted red pepper until it's a chunky sauce.
- In a large bowl, stir together the red pepper sauce with the remaining ingredients. Taste and add more salt if needed.
- Pour sauce over zucchini noodles and enjoy!
I specify in the recipe to use organic vegetables, and that’s because I think it’s especially important in a dish where it’s going to be eaten raw and (in the case of the zucchini) with the peel still on. If organic is not available to you, you can certainly use conventional vegetables! It’s a super nutritious meal either way!
I think I’m going to experiment with spiraling some different vegetables next…hmmm what should I try?
P.S.- There’s no cooking video this week because there’s been a loss in Jason’s family and we’re leaving town in a few hours to be with his family. I have a fun post scheduled to share with you guys tomorrow and then I’ll be back next week. I know you guys will understand.