It’s Thursday which means time for my next cooking video! I got a spiralizer for Christmas and I’m IN LOVE with the zucchini noodles it makes so I thought it would be fun to do a recipe with them.
- 3 large zucchinis
- 1 small carrot (or half of a large carrot)
- ¼ c. low sodium soy sauce
- 1 T. honey
- 1½ T. mirin
- ¼ t. garlic powder
- 1 T. cornstarch + 1 T. water
- 2 t. sesame seeds
- Spiralize the zucchini and carrots to make thin noodles. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the soy sauce, honey, mirin, and garlic powder over medium heat until it simmers.
- Add in the cornstarch and water mixture, stir and simmer until the cornstarch dissolves and the sauce thickens.
- Remove from the heat and toss in the vegetable noodles until they are completely coated. If you prefer the noodles to be more cooked, sauté them in the sauce over low heat until the noodles soften.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds over noodles and enjoy!
If you haven’t tried zucchini noodles yet, you’re missing out! They are SO good with a simple tomato sauce too and I imagine would be awesome with pesto. So many possibilities!
I hope you guys are enjoying the videos, there’s another one coming next week!