I don’t know if this is the case everywhere in the US, but right now in Georgia the tomatoes are AMAZING. As much as I love the beauty of seasonal foods, I also kind of hate that in a few months it will be impossible to find tomatoes this good. There’s only one solution…eat all the tomatoes. Right now.
I came up with this recipe because I wanted a simple way to enjoy these summer tomatoes while making sure that their fresh, sweet flavor was still the star of the show. I used a combo of red and yellow tomatoes both looked so beautiful at the fruit stand and I find that yellow tomatoes are often even sweeter than the red ones.
This recipe uses very few ingredients and only takes a few minutes to make…just the way I like my recipes. 😉
- 3 large tomatoes, thickly sliced
- ⅔ c. greek yogurt
- 1 T. chopped chives
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 t. lemon juice
- ¼ t. salt
- ¼ t. pepper
- In a food processor or blender, blend together the greek yogurt, chives, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper until the ingredients are well combined.
- Arrange the tomatoes on a platter and top with dollops of the greek yogurt dressing.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper to taste (I used about ¼ t. more salt and just a couple dashes of black pepper). Garnish with additional chopped chives if desired.
If you’ve been following my blog for a while, you already know that greek yogurt is a go-to ingredient of mine. It’s so incredibly versatile, it’s healthy, and it’s delicious. Here all it takes is a little lemon juice and chives to transform it into a delicious dressing. Magical.
I’m off to enjoy a hike with my sister and doggie on this beautiful Labor Day weekend! I hope you’re all having a relaxing holiday! Thanks for reading!