This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almonds.
With game day coming up I know lots of people are looking for delicious snacks to share with friends and family. I have to admit that food is the part of the game that I’m most interested in. So when Blue Diamond invited me to share a Game Changing Recipe for this year, I was ALL in. Of course I wanted to do something with a little Southern twist to it, so my mind went straight to pimento cheese (my mind often goes straight to pimento cheese).
Your standard cheese ball is usually rolled in chopped pecans, but I had an idea that it would be way more epic coated in a crunchy layer of smoky, roasted almonds. Holy deliciousness. The smoky almonds have so much flavor that they take the pimento cheese to a whole other level, it almost tastes like the cheese itself is smoked. Oh yeah. As good as it sounds.
- 1 8 oz. package neufchâtel cheese
- 4 oz. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 t. worcestershire sauce
- 1 t. soy sauce
- 1 t. lemon juice
- 3 T. chopped pimento peppers
- ½ c. Blue Diamond Smokehouse Almonds
- 1 box Blue Diamond Artisan Nut Thins (the Multi-Seeds flavor goes perfectly)
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together the cheeses, worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, soy sauce, and pimento peppers until everything is well incorporated.
- Empty the mixture in one large lump onto a large piece of plastic wrap. Wrap it tightly in the plastic and form the mixture into a ball with your hands.
- Put the ball into the fridge for 2 hours (or the freezer for about 20 minutes) to harden a bit.
- Either hand chop the almonds or put them into the bowl of a food processor and chop finely. Transfer the chopped nuts to a shallow dish.
- Remove the cheese ball from the fridge/freezer and roll it around in the chopped nuts until it's completely coated on all sides.
- Return to the refrigerator until ready to eat. Serve with Nut Thins and your favorite vegetables!
You can use any type of cracker or vegetable that you want to serve the cheese ball with, but I would recommend Mutli-Seeds Nut Thins. I discovered Nut Thins a few months back and have been obsessed ever since, they’re quite addictive.
If you add this to your game day menu I can promise that people will come back for seconds! Now I have to figure out a way to stop myself from eating the whole ball…
I wrote this post for Blue Diamond as a part of their Game Changing Snacks campaign. All opinions are my own. For more Game Changing Snacks, visit Blue Diamond Almonds on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.