I made this recipe for the first time over Christmas and it was pretty much love at first taste. I think most people love the flavor combination of chocolate and hazelnuts, but if you thought you liked Nutella JUST WAIT until you try this homemade version. Check out the video below where I show you how to make it!
And here’s the full recipe:
- 1½ c. peeled hazlenuts
- 1 c. milk chocolate chips, melted and cooled
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- ½ t. salt
- 1 T. coconut oil
- ½ c. powdered sugar
- 2 T. unsweetened cocoa powder
- Toast hazlenuts in a 350 degree oven for a few minutes to toast. Set aside to cool.
- Blend the hazelnuts in the bowl of a food processor until the mixture becomes a spreadable consistency (should take around 5 minutes).
- Add the remaining ingredients and continue to process until everything is very smooth and creamy, scraping down the bowl a couple times as necessary.
- Can be stored on the counter if you plan to use it within a few days, otherwise it can be stored in the refrigerator up to a month.
If you really want a treat, spread a little of this on some toast along with your favorite nut butter…just heavenly. I cannot promise that you won’t eat the whole jar with a spoon before you have a chance to try that though. 😉