How is everyone doing with their healthy eating resolutions? I’m feeling good and still doing pretty well keeping things on track, but I’m trying to stay creative with my meals so that I don’t lose motivation. As you might know, I LOVE a good fruit salad as a healthy meal/side dish option. And this, my friends, is a REALLY good fruit salad.
Of course you can use whatever fruit you like, it’s the dressing that’s really the crucial part here. If you aren’t familiar with limoncello, it’s an Italian lemon liqueur that has a million different uses but is incredible paired with fruit. I like to use it twice in this recipe, once to soak the fruit and again in the Greek yogurt based dressing. I used 0% fat Chobani to keep things light and healthy!
- 1 lb. strawberries, hulled and halved
- 6 oz. raspberries
- 6 oz. blackberries
- 6 oz. drained mandarin orange slices
- 2-3 kiwis, peeled and diced
- 3 T. limoncello
- ½ c. plain greek yogurt
- 1 T. meyer lemon juice
- 1 T. sweetener of choice (I've tried honey and powdered sugar, both work well)
- Very gently toss all the fruit together with 1 T. of the limoncello. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together the remaining 2 T. of limoncello, greek yogurt, lemon juice, and sweetener. Stir until the dressing is completely smooth.
- Remove the fruit mixture to a large serving bowl and drizzle with the dressing.
- You can garnish with mint leaves or some lemon zest. Serve and enjoy!
If you can find Meyer lemons, they really are worth the purchase. Their juice is much sweeter and less bitter than a regular lemon, and they have beautiful golden rinds that make a wonderful garnish for the salad. This would make such a gorgeous healthy dessert, don’t you think? You could even serve it with a little chilled limoncello as a cordial on the side! I’ll be right over!
Hope you enjoyed this, I’m having a lot of fun coming up with healthy recipes to start out this new year! See you tomorrow with a cooking video!