The recipe I’m sharing today is simple and healthy! Even though I’m a sucker for cheese dips and chips and such, when it comes to a big holiday meal I feel like it’s always better to keep appetizers light and refreshing. You don’t want everyone in a food coma before they even have dinner! These little bites are the perfect thing to greet company with.
- 1 large english cucumber
- ¼ c. carrots, diced
- ¼ c. green onion, sliced
- ½ t. salt
- ¼ t. pepper
- ½ t. garlic powder
- 1 c. plain greek yogurt
- ¼ c. roasted red pepper, thinly sliced
- Cut off the ends of the cucumber and peel off strips, leaving some parts unpeeled to make a striped design on the outside.
- Slice thickly on a diagonal.
- Pulse the carrots, green onion, salt, pepper, and greek yogurt together until the vegetables are very small and everything is incorporated.
- Spoon about 1 T. of the creamy vegetable mixture over each cucumber round. Top with a piece of sliced red pepper.
Serve these with my pimento cheese puffs from the 3rd day of Blogmas and you’ve got yourself the beginning of a great party.