WELCOME to the first day of Blogmas, friends!
If you’re new to the blog, I’ve been doing this series called Blogmas for the last couple years. Essentially it’s a holiday extravaganza where I share a NEW, awesome holiday recipe EVERY SINGLE DAY for the 12 days leading up to Christmas Eve. Not only will I be sharing new recipes every day, I’ll also be doing fun giveaways from some of my favorite brands and extra goodies like videos as surprises along the way! So without further ado, I present to you the first recipe of Blogmas!
Chocolate bark wins two prizes in my opinion. 1)It’s one of the easiest things you can possibly make. 2)It’s beautiful and makes awesome holiday gifts for friends, teachers, or co-workers. All you need is 5 minutes, good quality melting chocolate, and some toppings of your choice! I like to use nuts and dried fruit instead of candy as toppings because it keeps the sugar down and the artificial colors and things away. But by all means, use whatever you like!
I love doing pistachios with cranberries because they’re festive Christmas colors! But also the flavors really work with the mixture of chocolates. This recipe is seriously foolproof!
- 8 oz. good white melting chocolate*
- 8 oz. good dark melting chocolate*
- ⅓ c. pistachio nuts, coarsely chopped
- ¼ c. dried cranberries
- Melt each of the chocolates in separate containers in the microwave (microwave for 20 seconds at a time, stir, and then return to microwave until the chocolate is completely melted).
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Pour half of the dark chocolate onto the parchment paper, roughly in the shape of a rectangle.
- Pour the white chocolate on top of that dark chocolate, then pour the remaining dark chocolate over that to finish.
- Use a toothpick or a knife to swirl the chocolates together until you are happy with the swirl pattern.
- Sprinkle nuts and cranberries over the chocolate.
- Set aside to cool for 2 hours at room temperature.
- Break apart into chunks and enjoy! Will keep at room temperature.
This bark stays good at room temperature, which is one reason why it’s so perfect to wrap up and give away! And even though it’s so simple it’s seriously SO GOOD. I’ve eaten like almost half of the bark on my own…no regrets.
See you tomorrow with a festive beverage!