Today I’ve got a little bit of a strange recipe for you! I got a little creative in the kitchen to celebrate a week of smoothies with Williams-Sonoma. I love the idea of getting something healthy in before we get into holiday indulgences!
That looks pretty normal, right? Delicious strawberries, nice frozen banana, and…wait what are those on top? Those are BEANS my friends. Yes.
Hear me out! Just like you can add spinach and broccoli and kale into smoothies for extra nutrition with little to no difference in taste, you can add BEANS for protein and fiber without tasting them at all. This was my first time trying it, and although I was quite skeptical…it really works! I couldn’t taste the beans at all!
- 1½ c. strawberries
- ¼ c. frozen passionfruit (optional, but if you can find it it's AWESOME in smoothies!)
- ¼ c. white beans, very well rinsed
- 1 frozen banana
- ¾ c. almond milk (or milk of your choice)
- ½ T. honey (also optional, but I think it helps to conceal any bean flavor!)
- Blend all ingredients together in a high speed blender until the ingredients are very smooth.
- Add in a couple ice cubes and blend for another 10 seconds.
- Enjoy your delicious smoothie!
Most of you know that I’m a vegetarian, so I love having a super easy and cheap way to add protein to my smoothies now! I can’t wait to experiment with this more!
Thanks to Williams-Sonoma for inviting me to celebrate Smoothie Week with them! They have a great selection of blenders on their website if you’re in the market for a new smoothie making machine!
*This isn’t a sponsored post! Just me enjoying a smoothie.
P.S.-My holiday series begins TOMORROW! See you then!