I recently discovered the beauty that is rainbow carrots, and I’m totally obsessed. They make for such a pretty dish! Pretty enough for a Thanksgiving table if you ask me. You didn’t ask me, but I’m offering my opinion anyway.
- ¼ c. water
- 1 16 oz. bag of baby carrots
- 2 T. honey
- 2 t. coconut oil
- 1 T. lemon juice
- ¼ c. roasted pecans, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Bring the water to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Add in the carrots, cover, and let the carrots steam until they are tender.
- Remove the cover and cook until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Add the honey, lemon juice, and coconut oil and toss to coat.
- Once everything is incorporated, remove the carrots with their sauce to a serving platter.
- Sprinkle generously with salt, pepper, and the roasted pecans and serve.
I have always loved this simple preparation of carrots that brings out their natural sweetness. And the roasted nuts make a great contrast in texture to spice things up a little bit. Delish!
See you next Soul Food Sunday (or before then if I’m lucky)!