That One Time I Became A Lawyer

It’s officially official! Your friend the foodie is now also your friend the attorney.

DSCF5303-2

I got sworn in today, which is essentially the last step in the very long process that got me here. I had to pop in and let you know because I know that some of you have been reading since the beginning of this blog when I was complaining about the woes of being a first year law student. It’s hard to believe that I’ve finally arrived here. It took a lot of work, a lot of struggle, a lot of prayer. But we did it! Here’s the first ever photo of the double lawyer couple:

DSCF5319-2

Now that I’m legit I’m thinking of a bunch of law related posts that I’ve been wanting to write! Things like the ins and outs of copyright in blogging, a rundown of the laws behind food labeling…man there’s all sorts of things! The future is bright, my friends.

• cynewulf June 26, 2014, 10:00 pm

yay i’m so excited to have 2 lawyer parents to spoil me with treatz!

• Diana Hauptman June 27, 2014, 12:21 pm

So proud of you both!

• Nala June 27, 2014, 5:00 pm

Yay!!! Congratulations Lauren ! I actually yelled out loud when I read your post – because I’ve been reading your blog for awhile and I’ve seen how much you’ve worked to get where you are – All the best for both of you in your careers!

• Lauren @ Dash of Soul July 7, 2014, 5:24 pm

Awww thank you so much! <3

• Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves June 28, 2014, 1:29 am

Congratulations, Lauren!!! :)
    Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves recently posted…GraduatedMy Profile

• Lauren @ Dash of Soul July 7, 2014, 5:25 pm

Thanks Alison! :D

• ellie @ fit for the soul June 28, 2014, 9:05 pm

Oh my goshhhh those are some awesome and creative topics you can write about. Totally!!!!! We need more help in those areas so please have them comin’ our way. :D And look at you, you look so cool and professional. ;) I think it’s so strange and great that someone so professional in such a “serious” career is also lighthearted and so interested in food related things. Maybe it’s stereotypical and naive of me to think that, haha.

• Lauren @ Dash of Soul July 7, 2014, 5:27 pm

Oh good, I’m glad there’s some interest in posts like that! Keep an eye out for them soon! :) I know what you mean about the serious career thing but most attorneys I know are really not as serious as they seem! It’s just the suit that fools everyone. ;)

• Cayce July 2, 2014, 6:15 pm

Wow, congratulations Lauren! This is very inspiring to me, knowing that you accomplished your dream. Well done!

• Lauren @ Dash of Soul July 7, 2014, 5:28 pm

Thank you so much Cayce, that means a lot! :)

• Lauren July 3, 2014, 10:51 am

Congrats, Lauren! This is so amazing. I think I’ve been reading from pretty close to the beginning so I know how hard you worked to get to today. You should be incredibly proud :)
    Lauren recently posted…The 10 Most Memorable Maid of Honor MomentsMy Profile