Guess who’s PREGNANT????
Not me! Ha! Sorry, I couldn’t resist. Happy April Fools Day! But I’ll tell you what isn’t a joke…this delicious and super healthy smoothie that I had for breakfast this morning. I’ve been loving sweet persimmons lately (also known as Japanese persimmons or sharon fruit) and they pair so nicely with fresh, juicy mango.
- flesh of 3 mangoes (about 2 c.)
- 2 peeled persimmons (about ⅔ c.)
- 1 banana
- 1 c. coconut water
- ½ c. ice (you can omit if using frozen fruit)
- Blend together the mangoes, persimmons, and banana until completely smooth.
- Pour in the coconut water and ice (if using), blend for 10 seconds to incorporate.
I recently starting adding coconut water to smoothies! Not only does it add sweetness, but you’re getting those extra electrolytes to make the smoothie ultra hydrating. The persimmons and mangoes together are a powerhouse of vitamins and antioxidants, which makes this smoothie a great way to start the day off healthy. And the generous serving will give you plenty of fiber to stay full!
It’s a BEAUTIFUL sunny day out today! I’m going to make the most of it and get some playtime in with Cynewulf!