Luscious White Sangria

Luscious White Sangria | Turn an ordinary bottle of white wine into a luscious, fruity crowd pleaser with this simple recipe! | adashofsoul.com

Happy first day of Spring!

If you’re anything like me, you enjoy a glass of wine but don’t want to spend much on it. I usually pick whichever one is around 7 bucks and has a pretty label. Anyone else out there have a similar strategy? It’s definitely possible to find great wine on the cheap, but sometimes a bargain buy can be a little less than stellar. Welllll turning your wine into sangria can transform even the cheapest bottle into something irresistible! And the steps are so easy that it’s hardly a recipe!

Luscious White Sangria

Prep time
Total time

Author:
Serves: 6 glasses
Ingredients
  • 1 bottle white wine (I suggest sauvignon blanc but chardonnay or pinot grigio would work too)
  • 1 fresh orange, thinly sliced
  • 1 fresh white grapefruit, thinly sliced
  • 1 fresh lemon, sliced
  • ¼ c. sugar
  • 8 oz. sparkling water
  1. Cut your slices of citrus into either halves or quarters (you can leave some whole for visual variety if you want) and place them into the bottom of a clear pitcher.
  2. Add the sugar and wine to the pitcher and stir for a couple minutes until the sugar is mostly dissolved.
  3. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour.
  4. When you’re ready to serve, remove it from the refrigerator and stir it together to make sure the sugar is completely dissolved.
  5. In each glass, add a few cubes of ice, then an ounce or so of sparkling water, then the sangria. Enjoy the lusciousness!

I drank the sangria after letting it sit for a couple hours and it was PERFECT! Just the right amount of fruity flavor and sweetness. I tried it after chilling overnight too, and the flavors were overwhelming (I think because of the citrus rinds), so 1-4 hours seems like the sweet spot for this drink. The fruit inside looks so beautiful–this would be perfect for a party!

Make a pitcher! Celebrating spring can be our excuse (as if we need an excuse). :)

• Ellie@Fit for the soul March 20, 2014, 7:22 pm

Unfortunately I haaaaate the taste of alcohol! Eeeek, I have a hard time swallowing it and not getting red, lol. But this drink looks sooo pretty! I wonder how you can make this really yummy without the alcohol. :D
    Ellie@Fit for the soul recently posted…Thinking Out Loud of DIYs, Babies, and Animal PrintsMy Profile

• Lauren @ Dash of Soul March 20, 2014, 7:26 pm

I bet it would be really good with sparkling apple cider or sparkling white grape juice instead! :D

• Lee March 20, 2014, 9:20 pm

Yum.

I’m a fan of Two Buck Chuck.
    Lee recently posted…No Chili For MeMy Profile

• Lauren @ Dash of Soul March 20, 2014, 9:39 pm

Oh yes. We’re on the same page. ;)

• Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes March 21, 2014, 4:10 am

The sun has been shining so much in the UK recently, so I’m looking for beautiful spring/summer drinks like this. Looks so good!

• Lauren @ Dash of Soul March 22, 2014, 2:00 am

Thanks Jemma! I love the kind of drinks that come along with the warmer seasons! :)

• Lauren March 21, 2014, 4:51 pm

I greatly enjoy wine, but I am so naïve about it. As in, I probably couldn’t tell the difference between a $7 bottle of wine and a $100 bottle wine… I’m going to pretend that just means I’m easy to please :) I love love love sangria and this one is so pretty!
    Lauren recently posted…A Few Words on Writing InspirationMy Profile

• Lauren @ Dash of Soul March 22, 2014, 2:02 am

I’m the same…I feel like expensive wine is totally wasted on me. I tend to like the sweet stuff that wine-os turn their nose up at! :D

• Mimi March 22, 2014, 9:31 am

Beautiful! I much prefer white to red sangria! Especially when it spills!
    Mimi recently posted…Queso Chile VerdeMy Profile

• whatjessicabakednext March 22, 2014, 3:47 pm

Love sangria- one of my favourites when I’m on holiday in Spain! Definitely the perfect springtime drink! :)
    whatjessicabakednext recently posted…Easter Egg Bundt Cake {with Ganache Icing}My Profile

• Lauren @ Dash of Soul March 22, 2014, 3:49 pm

Oh, I would LOVE to have real Spanish sangria one day! I’m sure it’s incredible! :)

• Fiorella April 5, 2014, 2:31 pm