Cranberries are such a versatile ingredient. Between fresh cranberries, dried cranberries, and cranberry juice, you could make an entire feast based on this one fruit. Most of us only eat cranberries dried or in the form of sauce, but did you know that they are actually quite edible and delicious when they’re raw? Not to mention that raw cranberries have even more antioxidants and nutrients than cooked and processed ones. When combined with sweeter fruits, their tart flavor mellows out and makes for a really tasty and refreshing salad with lots of texture.
- 1 c. orange segments (I used clementines)
- 1 c. roughly chopped granny smith apples
- 3 c. fresh cranberries
- ¼ t. cinnamon
- 1 T. honey
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor.
- Pulse until all the ingredients are finely chopped together.
- Taste and add more honey if you'd like the salad sweeter.
- Serve chilled.
Today I served it over some plain greek yogurt, but it would also be great over ice cream, pancakes, oatmeal…and of course on it’s own. So grab that bag of cranberries that you always pass by in the grocery store! You won’t regret it.
Don’t forget to enter my baking prize pack giveaway from yesterday! There’s a ton of awesome stuff for your kitchen in that prize.