I hope you all will indulge me in a little home decor chatting. Now that we’ve moved and gotten settled into our new place, I’m using my funemployment to try and get the house looking the way we want it to. I’m starting with the bedroom since I really want it to be a comfortable space that we enjoy spending time in. In our last house our bedroom was nothing more than the cave that we slept in, and I always thought that was a shame. So I’m making more of an effort out front with this room. As soon as I saw this photo online earlier in the summer, I immediately loved the feel of the room and wanted to base ours off of it:
Home decor isn’t exactly my strong suit so I always make sure to use an inspiration room when I’m decorating. Otherwise we’d end up with something completely hideous. All I’ve done so far is gotten our main furniture pieces and curtains, so here’s what the room looks like now:
HA. Not quite there yet! But it will be soon. Here are some elements that I’ve gotten so far or plan to get to help the room come together.
1. I found gorgeous blue glass lamps at Home Goods, perfect for our nightstands.
2. A mirror like this will work in silver to the palette like the inspiration room does.
3. Aqua curtains, bought from Amazon
4. Vintage wood crates will make great storage containers
5. Thinking of getting a screen for the empty far corner of the room
6. vintage style clock that sits on my nightstand
7. Our white dresser from Ikea
I hope we can pull the rest together soon! I’m so impatient for it to be done.
Time for a Friday afternoon beer. Happy weekend to you!