This dessert could fool even the pickiest of eaters. No one will believe that it’s dairy free and guilt free (not that I ever feel guilty about enjoying dessert)!
Those of you health food people will probably have heard about this trick recipe before. The pudding (or sometimes people call it mousse) is made almost entirely of silken tofu. While the concept sounds weird, you cannot detect the tofu AT ALL! I wouldn’t say it if it wasn’t true. Trust me. It doesn’t make sense but it’s so awesome.
- 1½ c. milk chocolate chips (or use dairy-free semisweet to keep it vegan)
- ¼ c. chocolate soymilk or almond milk
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 1 T. instant espresso powder
- 12 oz. silken tofu
- Heat the chocolate over a double boiler until it's melted and smooth. Set aside.
- Heat the soymilk in the microwave until it's warm. Stir the vanilla and espresso powder into the warm milk.
- In a food processor or blender, add the melted chocolate, soymilk mixture, and tofu.
- Blend well until the mixture is silky and smooth.
- Pour into a container and refrigerate for at least a couple hours to let it firm up.
- Serve on it's own or with a dollop of cream on top!
I’ve made this several times before with adding just the chocolate, but the vanilla and espresso add so much depth to the flavor. I’ve eaten this every night for three days. Don’t see myself slowing down anytime soon. It’s so easy to whip together and I would serve it to company without a second thought. It’s magic, I’m telling you!
Time to go have some for dessert!