It’s hard to believe that peach season is already coming to a close here in Georgia. There’s a reason this state is known for our peaches! A lot of states grow delicious peaches (I admit that South Carolina peaches are amazing), but in my very biased opinion Georgia peaches are the best. They’re so juicy, with just the right balance of sweetness and tartness. I’ve bought a million of them already this summer and have eaten them in many different ways. This happens to be one of them!
I wanted to use the last of the wonderful package that Chobani sent me to make something special. Freezing greek yogurt makes for such a creamy, delicious treat–and when you add fresh fruit it’s even better. Juicy Georgia peaches were just the thing to take this recipe to the next level. I also added a little fat to my mixture in the form of half-and-half because I like my frozen yogurt to be like ice cream, but you can certainly substitute that with milk and still have a great frozen yogurt. The recipe couldn’t be more simple! Just four ingredients.
- 2 c. 2% greek yogurt
- ½ c. half and half
- ⅓ c. sugar
- ⅔ c. diced fresh peaches
- In a small bowl, stir together the half and half and sugar. Set aside to allow the sugar to dissolve.
- Set aside half of the diced peaches. With the other half, puree into a smooth texture with a blender or food processor. Set aside in the refrigerator.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the greek yogurt and the dissolved sugar mixture.
- Pour the yogurt mixture into your ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturers instructions.
- When the mixture is fresh out of the ice cream maker, pour the diced and pureed peaches into the frozen yogurt, then use a spatula to fold the peaches into the yogurt. When the peaches are swirled in, smooth the frozen yogurt into a freezer proof container and freeze until firm.
I hope you’ve gotten your share of peaches in this season! I plan to go hoard some more this weekend, perhaps even freeze some and can some for the winter. In the meantime, I have to go take care of another bowl of this stuff.
P.S.-The site redirect is in effect! Lawfullyweddedwife.com will now point you to this site. I am having some challenges redirecting my old RSS feed though, but hopefully I can resolve that today so that those subscribed through Bloglovin’ and Feedly still get my posts. Thanks for your patience! I’m doing all this techy stuff myself so I’m bound to run into snags.